Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chocolate and Toffee Chip Cookies

I was still unpacking boxes and I came across my chocolate cookbook… I wanted chocolate! I looked though my cookbooks and for online recipes and I just wasn’t inspired. Then I saw a bag of chocolate chips in the kitchen cabinet. I thought… “That’s it!" … I want chocolate chip cookies!!! However, just plain chocolate chip cookies simply would not do. These cookies had to be special because by now I really wanted chocolate! So I came up with this recipe and added the yummyness (I think I just invented a word) of English toffee chips to my chocolate chip cookies… Scrumptious!




 














Chocolate and Toffee Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, two sticks, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
1 teaspoon aluminum free baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 - 8 oz package English toffee chips
1 - 10 oz package dark bittersweet chocolate chips (at least 60% cacao)
2 ½ cups flour*
Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer bowl, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat until well incorporated. Add the vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, mix to thoroughly combine. Add the chips, stir until completely mixed. Add the flour and mix on low speed until completely incorporated. Do not over beat. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of batter onto an ungreased sheet pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the middle of the cookie is just set but still soft.

*High altitude adjustment. If you are baking at sea level, you may only need 2 cups of flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment