Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Crazy Week!

This is just a short post to let you know that I have not fallen off the face of the earth! I am very grateful to my friend and cohort, Debbie, for posting her Oatmeal Apple Bars, since there would have been a lot of dead air if she hadn't. And they are delicious and healthy too! I just can't get over that!
Some of the many cookies we decorated
Yesterday I had a wonderful visit from my friend Jessica from Sugar High 5280! She brought dozens of wonderful baked cookies in modified square and cupcake shapes. We spent the afternoon decorating! Fun! Well, I should say she spent the afternoon trying to teach me and I spent the afternoon making a mess! I did finally get a little better and I really enjoyed her techniques. I don't know that I will ever be able to make the grade on decorating cookies. It would take a lot of practice. I've been spending that practice time on baking and decorating cakes (which take much less fine detail). I might be able to find some time to pursue her passion...
I just really want to thank her for her generosity and patience! What a wonderful person!

Cupcakes were fun!

Painted flowers-too difficult!
 These are examples of our work. Bet you can guess which ones are mine! When we finished she left us all the cookies to enjoy! She said we could freeze them...do you think Mike or Bill will let that happen?
Shhhh!!!
That said, I did get some baking done today. I will have to just give you that teaser because I'm still working on the surprise. I think this one is really good (I hope). Check in tomorrow and I hope to have it ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment