Search This Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Let it Snow...

It's Snowing!!
Today is a perfect day to begin my holiday baking! My first event to prepare for is a cookie exchange that my brother, Bill, will attend with the Special Services Department of the Denver Parks and Rec. We have been so lucky to have found this group of very dedicated recreation experts and I want to thank them with some really special cookies. However, this whole altitude issue can rear it's nasty head just when I think I've gotten something right. We'll see how this goes!

Cruising through my recipe box I have now found so many recipes that are annual favorites. Haven't really had the time to bake them all in recent years so I am looking forward to digging into the flour! So, this is the list so far:

Snowball Cookies(commonly known as Mexican Wedding Cakes or Russian Teacakes)
German Sour Cream Twists
Date Bars
Cream Peppernuts
Belsnickel
Gingerbread men and women and children (sorry, no pets yet!)
Date Pinwheel Cookies
Chocolate Thumbprint cookies
The old standby-Fudge

Then, I did what I always do and messed the whole thing up. I started looking at my favorite blogs and went crazy! Really loved the lovely modern decorated cookies on Half Baked, saw a boatload of ideas on The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle, and the fantastic list of baked goods on Bakergirl.

Now the list also includes (from Bakergirl's recipes):

Graham Cracker S'mores Candy
Salt River Bars
Peanut Butter Balls ( how could I have forgotten those, Mike?)
Peanut Butter Blossoms
Peanut Butter Cup Treats (Gee, is there a theme here?)
Look at these adorable Reindeer cookies!


Guess I'd better get started! Chocolate Thumbprint cookies first! Wish me luck!

So, what is on your baking list?? Share, please! I need more ideas, right??




No comments:

Post a Comment