Search This Blog

Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Best Part of Christmas Time

I love Christmas time…. All the decorations that mean so much to me, the Christmas Tree, the wonderful old Christmas Carols that bring tears to my eyes in a happy way, and the fact that everyone seems to be in a good mood wishing others Happy Holidays all make me smile. However, the most wonderful part of the Holidays’ is baking cookies and small cakes for my friends, neighbors, and family members! I just love seeing their eyes light up at the thought of the treat of Christmas Cookies and Cakes. Many of these recipes were originally made by my mom when I was a child, and it makes me happy to recreate what she made. I clearly remember sifting flour, stirring dough, and cutting out and decorating wonderful Christmas treats while my mom guided me. I am almost done baking for the season, and when I am finished, I plan to share pictures of these goodies and some of my most treasured recipes with you. I hope that you will enjoy looking at the pictures, reading about them, and maybe even baking some of these goodies for your friends and family members.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining in, Debbie! I can't wait to see the pictures and try the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for your pictures and recipes!

    ReplyDelete